Email marketing is a great way to stay in touch with your existing client base without spending a lot of money. However, people don’t give their email addresses to just anyone. Accordingly, it is important to add value when you are sending emails to your list in a way that your veterinary practice stays top of mind so your clients don’t think twice about where they will go when their pet is in need of the services you offer again. We’ve narrowed it down to 5 simple email marketing tips for veterinary practices to help you get started.
- Make it easy to subscribe. Have a sign up form on your veterinary practice website, blog, Facebook page, and anywhere else that your existing and potential clients go to learn about your practice online. Although there are plenty of fields you may want to collect, keep it short and simple – a long signup form can scare people off. You can also have your receptionist ask each client that checks out of your practice if they would like to subscribe to your email list so that they can receive important offers and helpful advice.
- Tell subscribers what to expect. Give your clients as much information as possible on your signup form. Maybe you send out practice news, coupons, or tips on caring for their pets. Let your subscriber’s know and they may be more inclined to sign up.
- Brand your email. It is important for your emails to match your veterinary practice image. If you use a template, it is easy to customize your colors, header, and logo. Clients will be more familiar with your emails if they match your practice’s look and feel.
- Make it scannable. Your subscribers are busy people and it is likely that you won’t have their full attention. Break your email into small sections, use headings, and images – the content won’t seem as overwhelming. For example, you may have a special offer section followed by a short tips to better pet care section.
- Keep a calendar. If your clients sign up expecting a monthly email, it is important to deliver. If you go months without emailing, your subscribers are likely to forget about you which defeats the whole purpose of your email marketing campaign. Create a publishing calendar and plan, write, and send your newsletters regularly.
These are 5 simple email marketing tips for your veterinary practice to get you started. At NJS Marketing, we help veterinary practices keep their clients engaged with customized email marketing solutions that get results. Contact us if you have questions or would like help creating effective email marketing campaigns to grow your practice.