If you own or manage a veterinary practice and want to generate more new patients every month then local search engine optimization (SEO) is the service that’s going to help you do it. Do you want potential customers to find your veterinary practice online instead of your competitors business? Following are 5 local seo tips for veterinarians to help you out.
- Claim your Google+ Local (formerly Google Places) page. Claiming your Google+ page for your veterinary practice is one of the most important tools veterinarians can use for local search optimization. Claiming it is not enough though. You need to completely fill out all the information about your practice. This includes, contact information, business hours, services offered, adding all 10 pictures they allow and adding all 5 videos that they allow you to add. The more Google knows about your business the better able they are to place your veterinary practice in the right place in the search results.
- Promote Your Google+ Page. Take advantage of your other social accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook, to get the word out about your new Google+ profile. If people follow your veterinary practice on twitter and like you on Facebook, there’s a good chance they will also be interested in adding you to their Google+ circles. Updates like “Have you added us to your Google+ circle yet?” can get you started.
- Submit your business information to local directories. The more places where your practice is mentioned – using the same information (address, telephone number, etc.) – the more chances you have for the major search engines to find your business. There are literally 100′s of local directories, but at minimum make sure you’ve submitted to the most important ones. Some of the important directories to list your practice at are Facebook, Yelp, Merchant Circle, YP.com, Insider Pages and Super Pages.
- Business reviews. Google and other search engines take into account the number and quality of reviews your practice receives online. Having reviews – good and bad – has a definite impact on how your practice ranks – or doesn’t rank – in local search results. Create a reputation marketing strategy to encourage your customers and clients to review your practice on Google, Yelp and the other local search directories where your veterinary practice is listed.
- Consistent information. When submitting information about your practice to local directories be sure that the information is the same. Simple errors like listing your address as “street” vs. “st.” can have an impact on how well you rank. So, when submitting your business to local search directories or when claiming your listing in a local search directory its vital to use the same format for the name of your business, your address and telephone number to maximize your results.
Take these steps and your veterinary practice will rank better in Google, Yahoo! and Bing. Failure to do so will likely keep your rankings down and ultimately cost you new patients every month. If you need help from the experts then please contact us. We’re happy to help.