88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
BrightLocal recently released the results of their 2014 Local Consumer Review Survey. In this unique survey they explore how consumers read & use online reviews & the effects they have on their opinions & purchase of local business services.
Local Consumer Review Survey 2014
In May 2014 BrightLocal surveyed 2,104 consumers in North America (90% US / 10% CAN). They wanted to understand how consumer usage, attitudes & trust of online reviews has changed in the last 12 months.
Top findings include:
- 29% search online for a local biz every week
- 72% contact business after reading reviews
- 72% say positive reviews make them trust a local business
- 27% would use a business with 2 star rating – jumps to 72% for a 3 star rating
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
To see the full results of this years survey click here.